Dave is a graduate of Drake University Law School where he received his J.D. in 1984, graduating with honors. During Dave’s time in law school, he worked as case notes editor of the Drake Law review, and he also wrote a case note in that publication detailing the reasoning in the 7th Circuit decision of In Re Sullivan which upheld the constitutionality of the bankruptcy opt-out provision of Section 522(b)(1) of the bankruptcy code.
Dave has been a member of the Muller firm since 1988 and is a partner in the Grand Rapids office where he focuses on creditor’s rights law in a commercial collection practice. Dave has also lectured before the Michigan Deputy Sheriffs, Court Officers, and Process Servers of Michigan on the subject of the rights and responsibilities serving civil legal process and collecting judgements on court issued writs.
Dave has tried well over 200 cases in Michigan courts.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Commercial Collection/Creditor's Rights
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Michigan, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1984
Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: with Honors
- Law Review: Drake Law Review, Case Notes Editor, 1982 - 1984
Calvin College of Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- B.A. - 1977
- Bankruptcy "Opt-Out", Drake L. Rev., Vol. 32, No. 2, 1982-1983
- Valley Truck Parts, Inc.
- Matthyssee Kuiper DeGraaf Funeral Home
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co.
- Gordon Food Service
- Lecturer, Michigan Court Officer and Deputy Sheriff's Association, 1997 - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Association Retirement Home, Member of the Board of Director
- Michigan Bar Association, Attorney, 1984 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- School Board President, Hudsonville Unity Christian High School, 2009 - Present
- Board of Directors, Sunset Association Retirement Home, 1995 - 2004